- By title
- Managing Directors
- Senior advisors
- Principals and Senior VPs
- vice presidents
- senior associates
- Associates and Analysts
- Featured News
HarbourVest made its first direct investment in an operating company in 1983. Today, we focus on co-investment opportunities in buyout, growth equity, and mezzanine transactions. We target opportunities that offer exceptional equity appreciation potential as a result of their proprietary technologies, experienced management teams, and unique market position.
Exclusive, Preferential Deal Flow
As one of the oldest and most experienced private equity fund-of-funds, we have strong relationships with top-tier fund managers that provide us with access to deals not available to most firms. We review approximately 100 highly-qualified deal opportunities per year, allowing us to be highly selective. Additionally, fund managers often contact HarbourVest first when seeking additional equity capital.
Proprietary Due Diligence
HarbourVest’s proprietary database contains more than 20 years of private equity transaction data. We use this data to gauge the attractiveness of managers, sectors, and companies and supplement it with insight from our long-standing relationships with other private equity professionals around the world.
We seek to invest alongside fund managers that have exceptional industry knowledge, cultural familiarity, and investment expertise. Our programs can co-invest anywhere from $10 million to $100 million per transaction.
- Buyout - An active co-investors in buyout transactions, HarbourVest seeks to invest alongside fund managers that have exceptional industry knowledge, cultural familiarity and investment expertise.
- Growth Equity - We seek out companies that are technology innovators or that are incorporating technology to significantly differentiate or advance the capability of their products or services.
- Mezzanine - HarbourVest is an active supplier of mezzanine capital for small, middle-market and large-market deals.
- Private Debt - HarbourVest invests across the capital structure providing capital for senior loans and other credit investments private equity-backed small and mid-market companies