- By title
- Managing Directors
- Senior advisors
- Principals and Senior VPs
- vice presidents
- senior associates
- Associates and Analysts
- Featured News
Since our first secondary investment in 1986, HarbourVest has helped pioneer the global secondary market as a leading buyer. We have an extensive network of relationships that helps us gain early and sometimes exclusive introductions to potential sellers of private equity. We also leverage our network as a source of reliable and proprietary information about the assets and managers we evaluate in any given secondary opportunity.
These broad and deep resources enable HarbourVest to efficiently evaluate and execute secondary transactions ranging in size, geography, and asset type.
A highly-skilled team of more than 20 investment professionals focuses on secondary opportunities and includes 12 senior professionals with an average tenure of 10 years. As a result of the knowledge gained over the course of multiple economic and private equity cycles, the team has refined its investment approach and decision-making process.
HarbourVest has been credited with successfully closing some of the industry's most complex and innovative transactions.
- One of the lead investors in the MidOcean Partners spinout from Deutsche Bank Capital Partners
- Structured the Collateralized Fund Obligation of $500 million private equity portfolio from a Japanese financial institution
- Spun-out Lehman Brothers Venture Partners from the bankruptcy to form Tenaya Capital
- Leader in providing compelling and creative solutions for shareholders in publicly listed private equity – Absolute Private Equity ($800 million transaction) and Conversus Capital ($1.4 billion transaction)
HarbourVest’s appetite for large, complex transactions is indicative of the skill set and experience of our team and our goal of providing sellers with tailor-made liquidity solutions.
In today’s secondary market, fund managers are taking far greater interest in ensuring that limited partnership interests are sold to investors with the ability to serve as long-term limited partners, not just replacement investors.
Fund managers view HarbourVest as a preferred buyer of limited partner interests due to our ability to commit significant amounts of capital to newly formed funds and our reputation for selectivity.