- By title
- Managing Directors
- Senior advisors
- Principals and Senior VPs
- vice presidents
- senior associates
- Associates and Analysts
- Featured News
HarbourVest is an independent investment firm that provides innovative private equity solutions to institutional clients worldwide. Our team has built a long and distinguished track record of investing in venture, buyout, mezzanine debt, distressed debt, and senior loans. HarbourVest invests in these sectors globally through primary partnerships, secondary purchases, and direct co-investments.
HarbourVest has shown leadership in private markets across the globe, forming one of the first fund-of-funds, purchasing some of the first secondary positions, backing developing companies and pioneering new markets. Today, the Firm is a global leader with an established local presence, investing capital around the globe and managing assets for leading institutions based in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
Over the past 30 years, the HarbourVest team has committed more than $25 billion to newly-formed funds, representing relationships with 200 private equity managers. The team has also completed over $9 billion in secondary purchases and invested $4 billion directly in operating companies.
HarbourVest and its subsidiaries have more than 240 employees, including 80 investment professionals deployed in Boston, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Bogotá, and Beijing.
Areas of Expertise
With extensive experience investing in the private markets around the globe for 30 years, the HarbourVest team is available for comment on a wide variety of topics including:
- Investing into private equity funds, often referred to as fund-of-funds investing
- Secondary purchases of existing private equity assets
- Investing directly into companies alongside other fund managers (co-investments)
- Investor or limited partner viewpoint
- Manager or general partner perspectives
- Regional market trends
- — U.S.
- — Asia
- — Europe
- — Latin America
- — Emerging private equity markets
- Stage or sector-focused investment trends
- — Venture and growth equity
- — Buyout
- — Credit, including mezzanine debt and senior loans
- — Cleantech
- Private equity operational controls and resources
For all media inquiries, please contact Laura Thaxter at +1 617 348 3695 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Biographies of HarbourVest’s investment team and senior professionals are available on the Team page.
Photo or Image Requests
If you need a photo of one of our team members or the HarbourVest logo, send us an email. Please include any details about the sizing, quality, and where the image will be used..