Assistant Tax Manager
The principle function of the Assistant Tax Manager is to provide various levels of tax accounting expertise coupled with other technical skills and to assist with the coordination of the tax compliance function for the 400+ legal entities that currently comprise HarbourVest. The Assistant Tax Manager holds responsibility for all aspects of federal compliance and reporting, including the provision of timely and accurate information to investors for assigned entities. He/she will also provide guidance and mentoring to Tax Staff.
Additional skills should include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of US tax accounting for various entity types including partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, etc., and working knowledge of US GAAP for same;
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently, and accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to communicate professionally and confidentially with people at all levels are a must;
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with the capacity for continuous learning and be able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Computer proficiency is required, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and ability to quickly learn HarbourVest specific systems;
- Provide strong supportive role to assigned Tax Manager and Senior Tax Manager of either US Federal Income, State Income, US Federal Withholding, or International Tax compliance functional areas.
BA/BS preferably in accounting, graduate degree a plus, but not required
Minimum of 7-9 years with demonstrated experience in taxation, including issues relevant to private equity partnershipsSubmit Resumé