Business Intelligence Application Manager
The Business Intelligence Application Manager is responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications and leading a team of 2 to 4 Business Intelligence (BI) developers. The Business Intelligence Application Manager will actively partner with the exact, transform, load (ETL) development team and our BI Consulting Partner in the strategic design, development, and maintenance of business intelligence applications. He/she will identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems as well as ensure that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities. Responsibilities include coordination and planning, team management and mentoring, report and dashboard development, data analysis, and metadata or semantic modeling and development.
Required skills include Microstrategy 9.x/10.x, SQL Server 2008/2012, and Visual Studio 2013/2015. Additional skills should include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SSIS, TFS, and Visual Insight 9.x/10.x.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Documentation of designs, best practices and coding standards;
- Participation in the full solution development lifecycle; business case, prioritization, solution planning, and solution design, development, testing, migration and production support;
- Collaboration with development team to develop effective and efficient metadata or semantic models best suited to correctly interpret data through business intelligence software at enterprise and application levels;
- Interpretation of reporting needs and guidance of end users in the creation of highly analytical and user-friendly solutions using appropriate tools;
- Assisting ETL developers in strategic placement of business logic within the ETL and/or semantic models;
- Responsibility for the employee development and training of the Business Intelligence Team.
BS/BA or equivalent
5 years of experience with Microstrategy; 5-7 years of experience with SQL Server Development; 5-7 years of data warehouse experience; 1-3 years of supervisory experienceSubmit Resumé