Several members of our team will be at SuperReturn International in Berlin.
February 25, 2020 Summit Day
10:00 Private Debt Summit – Karen Simeone, Managing Director joins a panel titled Is the private debt market ripe for consolidation as private capital firms look for scale in the asset class? Topics will cover:
Preparing for a shakeout as the big players hoover up capital while smaller operations struggle to find a niche in an ever-tougher environment for lenders where competition for assets continues to increase
15:00 ESG Summit – Valérie Handal, Managing Director joins a panel titled Diversity: how important is it really? Topics will cover:
- How do investment managers approach diversity?
- How much does it actually matter to LPs during the manager selection process?
- What do measuring and reporting measures look like when it comes to diversity and inclusion?
February 26, 2020 Main Conference Day 1
18:10 Stream C: Update on Secondaries – Valérie Handal, Managing Director joins a panel titled GP-led deals Version 2.0. Topics will cover:
- How are the trends of tender offers, asset sales, spinouts, strip sales, stapled deals and fund continuation vehicles unlocking value, and what is the impact on the broader PE industry?
- Where do we go from here?
February 27, 2020 Main Conference Day 2
9:10 – Till Burges, Managing Director, joins a panel titled Electronic polling session: Where are we in the cycle?. Topics in this interactive session will cover:
- Have asset prices and “dry powder” reached an all-time high?
- What geopolitical events are managers most concerned about? Where are the best opportunities among the alternative asset classes to generate quality risk-adjusted returns and what should prudent investors be wary of?
12:00 – Valérie Handal, Managing Director, will host a Fireside Chat: Value creation in an overheated market with Steve Klinsky, CEO, New Mountain Capital.
16:30 – Craig MacDonald, Managing Director, joins a panel titled New Frontiers for Co-investments. Topics will cover:
- Where is the co-investment world heading?
- How successful are pass the parcel deals?
- Will LPs move to sponsorless deals?
- What are the challenges of faster process time lines and what risks and considerations do LPs need to take heed of given current market dynamics?