HarbourVest is an independent, global private markets investment specialist with over 35 years of experience and more than $80 billion in assets under management, as of June 30, 2021. The Firm’s powerful global platform offers clients investment opportunities in private equity, private credit and real assets through primary fund investments, secondary investments, and direct co-investments, in commingled funds or separately managed accounts. HarbourVest has more than 700 employees, including more than 170 investment professionals across Asia, Europe, and the Americas. This global team has committed more than $48 billion to newly-formed funds, completed over $29 billion in secondary purchases, and invested over $23 billion directly in operating companies. Partnering with HarbourVest, clients have access to customized solutions, longstanding relationships, and actionable insights.
HarbourVest has shown leadership in private markets across the globe, forming one of the first fund-of-funds, purchasing some of the first secondary positions, backing developing companies and pioneering new markets. Today, the Firm is a global leader with an established local presence, investing capital around the globe and managing assets for leading institutions based in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, and North America.
HarbourVest has more than 700 professionals, including more than 170 investment professionals in Beijing, Bogotá, Boston, Dublin, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Singapore, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Areas of Expertise
With extensive experience investing in the private markets around the globe for over 35 years, the HarbourVest team is available for comment on a wide variety of topics including:
- Investing into private equity and private debt funds, often referred to as fund-of-funds investing
- Secondary purchases of existing private equity assets and real assets
- Investing directly into companies alongside other fund managers (co-investments)
- Investor or limited partner viewpoint
- Manager or general partner perspectives
- Regional market trends
- Asia including Australia, China, India, Japan
- Emerging private equity markets including Africa
- Latin America
- Stage or sector-focused investment trends
- Buyout (small, medium, and large)
- Credit, including mezzanine debt
- Growth equity
- Real assets, including energy, power, infrastructure, and natural resources
- Venture capital
- Private equity operational controls and resources
Biographies of HarbourVest’s investment team and senior professionals are available on the Team page.
Photo or Image Requests
If you need a photo of one of our team members or the HarbourVest logo, send us an email. Please include any details about the sizing, quality, and where the image will be used.